Urban Sketchers Charleston announced that they were meeting in downtown Charleston at the Market Street Pavilion Hotel. From there, we all went our own way to sketch for 2 hours and then we met back up at the Hotel for a group photo and to see what we had each drawn.
Daphne and I enjoyed drawing this tiny, circular building that we pretended was a fairy castle (it's right at the corner of S. Market Street and Concord St. in case you ever want to go...and thx to Karen H for the suggestion!). I wonder what it was in real life (and I wish I had taken a photo of it for reference, but I guess I was too engrossed).
|See her palm tree on the right page?|
You just never know:
- She's only 5. I wondered "would she get hot and bored?" (it was Sept 18 and very hot out). She loved every minute of it!
- Would she get frustrated and overly compare herself to me or to the others? Nope, she was PROUD! The only lesson I repeat is that she must really "look" at her subject. I don't want a bunch of rules thrown at her, and I don't correct her (yet), unless it's to make her "look" again without criticizing what she's drawn.
- I HAVE taught children in the past, but it's been many years since then. What do you art teachers think? Should I be more technical with her at this age?
After our plein aire, we deserved a little cooling off!
I'm so glad to have such a vivacious painting partner! Have you ever taken out your child or grandchild to paint with you? How did that go for you?? Please leave me a Comment...I would love to hear from you!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR:
- Plein Aire Charleston (Nov 17-18, 2017)
- Montreal (July 15-22, 2018)
- Barcelona (Sept 1-6, 2018)
- Southern France (Sept 7-13, 2018)
- Venice (Sept 14-22, 2018)
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE.
READ MY LATEST POST HERE.