Monday, September 7, 2015

Slaw with a Zac Brown Kick

Please indulge me.  I don't usually post recipes, but, since it's Labor Day, I figured a good slaw recipe was in order!  I'm serving this with a slow cooked BBQ pork and some homemade sweet potato chips!  It's smelling good around here!


ZAC BROWN BAND COLESLAW

Ingredients
  • 1 head Green Cabbage
  • 1 large Green Bell Pepper
  • 8 stalks Green Onion
  • 2 ripe Tomatoes
or, use prepackaged cole slaw like I did today - I used 1/2 bag which is enough for 3+ people.

Slaw Dressing:  (this is the divine part!) - I made one-fourth this amount (good for 3+ people).
  • 2 cups Mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons Hot Horseradish
  • 2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
  • 1 tablespoon White Sugar
  • 1/2 cup White Vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper - No, this doesn't make it too spicy.
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Preparation
Dice all veggies to 1/4 inch dice. Add 1/2 of the slaw dressing and add more as needed. Save some of the diced tomatoes as garnish.


 Happy Labor Day, everyone!!! 


Come paint with me! 
In 2016, we're going to Venice again.
Sept 2015 classes have been added to my website!
Check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment