Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 8

Mission:  30 paintings in 30 days
Focus:  Watercolor with pen and ink on Italian-made Fabriano 140# paper.

I tend to paint the "simple", not the "sublime".  Even in a town as rich with history and gorgeous architecture as CHARLESTON, I find myself on the side streets and alleyways where I picture simpler life unfolding.

Another thing that draws me to any particular spot is the lure of the ITALIAN CYPRESS trees that poke the sky with their tips, as it would seem.

This is Day 8's painting in my series this month.  Please enjoy!
"Charleston Embrace" (watercolor with pen and ink) 6" x 4" - Available
by Helen K. Beacham


To purchase (or view)  my whole collection of paintings in this 30-day project, click on:  ARTWORK

Please also enjoy the other 220+ artists' paintings by visiting LESLIE SAETA.

2 comments:

  1. Enchanting, I always admire those who are great with Watercolor.
    Yes I will subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for subscribing to my blog, Carroll! I hope you enjoy the journey with me!

    ReplyDelete