Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 13

Mission:  30 paintings in 30 days
Focus:  Watercolor with pen and ink on Italian-made Fabriano 140# paper.

Today I took the time to capture my various stages of completion for my painting.  

This little corner garden is located in NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, one of the most picturesque towns that I've ever visited!  Thanks to Robert and Maureen for showing me around that day!


My reference photo from Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Light sketch with a first wash applied.
Drawing with ink on top of the dried first wash.  I also applied some masking fluid in part of the painting.
You'll probably detect it in the finished piece below.

"Corner Garden" (watercolor with pen & ink)  6" x 4"
By Helen K. Beacham


To purchase (or view)  all of my paintings in this 30-day project, click on: ARTWORK

Please also enjoy the other 220+ artists' paintings by visiting LESLIE SAETA.

Come with me to Venice this October...click HERE for details!












2 comments: