Monday, June 18, 2018

A Recipe from the Past & a Castle in 2019!

(Be sure to read all the way to the bottom for a castle surprise!)

Yesterday, I looked through my many newspaper clippings for recipes for an upcoming dinner party. I stumbled upon some that had belonged to my mother-in-law (from 1970...almost 50 years ago!) and got a kick out of reading through them.  Here's one, just as a For Example:

The Graham Cracker Cake sounds easy enough to try!  
GRAHAM CRACKER CAKE

1 lb. box graham crackers, crushed fine.

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. pecans, chopped
2 c. raisins
1 c. milk
1/4 lb butter
1 Tbsp vanilla flavoring

Cream butter and sugar. Add milk and flavoring. Add crackers, raisins and pecans. Mix well.  Bake in well-greased cake pan for 1 hr or until done at 350 degrees.

My most astute readers will have noticed that, although the eggs show up in the list of ingredients, it doesn't mention WHEN to add them.  :)  

When would YOU add those 4 eggs??!!

            _____________________________________________

And listen to this...in 2019, I'm teaching at a castle in France!
And YOU can come with me!
Early Bird fees apply!
Won't you please share my post with a friend??
Non-painting spouses are also invited!  Yay!




If 2018 is a better travel time for you, I still have 2 spots open in both my France and Venice workshops! You could even do them back-to-back!

READ MY LATEST POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment