Friday, March 16, 2018

Hemingway's Key West

I just came back from Key West.  Loved the little cottages with picket fences and the fabulous restaurants we ate at!  I see a new series on the horizon!







Meet Rhett & Scarlett (or maybe the reverse??).
They live at the Butterfly Conservatory, which is a Must See.

Hemingway's House. 
He built a 6' high brick fence around his house to keep out the "riff raff" after Key West started using him in their promotions for why you should visit the island.



I'm now listening to the audiobook called "Last Train to Paradise" which is about Key West and the railroad. Whereas I thought it was going to be a documentary, I was pleasantly surprised to "hear" that it's actually a novel based on reality....and the opening paragraphs involve Ernest Hemingway himself!  I plan on listening while painting my Key West series!  (and thanks to Kim Minichiello who recommended the book to me, and who came to Key West with me, along with Anne Peterson)!  It was a spontaneous trip that didn't disappoint!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR MY RETREATS AND WORKSHOPS:
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER(which is separate from this Blog)
     
PURCHASE ARTWORK       

READ MY LATEST POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment