Thursday, July 28, 2016

I'm now a U.S. citizen!

On July 18, I became a proud U.S. citizen!  I'm in good company apparently. According to the booklet in my Welcome Packet, these well-known people were foreign-born and subsequently became Americans!

Alexander Graham Bell -  (Scotland)
Joseph Pulitzer - (Hungary)...yes, of Pulitzer Prize fame.
Albert Einstein - (Germany).  Easy one.
Irving Berlin - (Russia)
Frank Capra - (Italy)
Marlene Dietrich - (Germany)
Bob Hope - (Great Britain)
Igor Stravinsky -  (Russia).  He's buried in Venice, on the cemetery island of Isola di San Michele!


Igor Stravinsky is buried here, on the cemetery island of San Michele, right across the lagoon from Venice.  This was my 20 minute sketch (created during my 2013 trip to Venice) in my Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook (8.5" x 5.5", which I opened up to paint an 8.5 x 11 sketch).  The paper takes very well to water, paint and ink lines. 
It's time to think about Venice in 2017.  Come with me!
I have a week set aside for NON-PAINTERS too! 
Check out my excursion packages HERE.

SEE MY LATEST BLOG POST HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment