Thursday, August 13, 2015

Diet leads to best fish recipe ever

I need to lose a few pounds.  Okay, maybe more than a few.  To "spice up" my life while dieting, I figured I'd look for new and interesting recipes.  Do you have any for me?

Well, I've got one for you!  You can use any form of mild fish like catfish, etc.

SEASONED, BAKED FISH FILLETS

4 (4 oz) fish fillets 
2 Tbsp. butter (or margarine)
¼ c. dry white wine
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional - I didn't have any, but I think this would have really topped it all off nicely)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. paprika (NOT cayenne unless you love the heat)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray shallow pan with cooking spray (I used foil in my pan for easy cleanup)
Heat margarine in saucepan over medium heat. Mix white wine, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and black pepper and paprika into melted margarine.
Simmer sauce for 2 minutes.Brush a little of this sauce into the bottom of the pan.
Lay the fillets into the pan.
Pour the rest of the sauce over the fillets.
Recipe calls for you to bake it 10-12 minutes (but for mine, I cooked it 15 minutes and then broiled for 2 more...depends on the thickness).

DELISH!!!  So moist!  So tasty!  (I wish now that I had thought to take a picture of it, but I'm not prone to photographing my dinners!).  I honestly think it's the paprika that's the magic ingredient in this one.

So, who's got a great recipe I can try on this diet!?  I'm game! (and please wish me luck...You know how when you're pregnant, all you see are pregnant women?  Well, all I see are food ads on TV at the most inappropriate times...basically all day long).

Come paint with me! 
In 2016, we're going to Venice again.
Sept 2015 classes have been added to my website!
Check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment