Thursday, August 28, 2014

Big Table - Big Masterpiece?

I'm working on some larger watercolors lately (which I mostly paint on a flat surface). 

Although I have (3) 8' tables in my studio, I'm much more physically comfortable at this very old card table due to the height of it.  It's easier on my neck and shoulders.  BUT, when I work on a larger painting, there's not room for it along with the rest of my gear.  So, I've learned to improvise.  Here's a sneak peek into my (messy) setup.

Have you had to improvise?  How big a table does one actually need in order to create a masterpiece?!  
I love the height of this table.  And that old chair is the perfect seat to work with the table.  I've been known to haul both in my car to a demonstration site.  I usually get wide eyes when I unload them, but it's what works for me.  No sense hurting.


Just grab what's laying around the house to even things out to table height.  The only problem I sometimes run into is when my cat rubs up against the little stool's legs while I'm at a crucial spot in the painting!


"Respite Ahead" (watercolor on watercolor canvas, 36"h x 24"w).  Available.


Come paint with me! 
In May 2015, we go back to Venice!!!  Find details HERE.

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.   


No comments:

Post a Comment