Monday, July 8, 2013

Inspired by Others in Cyberspace

There's an artist, Brenda Swenson, whose blog I follow.  Today she posted that one of her paintings (and how it was created) is featured in the online magazine "Inspired", a free e-mag of www.ArtistsNetwork.com.  

 "Forbidden Fruit" by Brenda Swenson.

While you're on the "Inspired" website, click to page 40 where you'll see an image of a rolling wave by Amy K. Sanders, a pastel artist.  It reminded me of one of my past paintings called "Before the Storm".  Every artist brings their own interpretation to similar subjects!  I'm not able to download Amy's image for you to see, so you'll have to click on the "Inspired" link to see it on p.40.  But it's worth the trip!  Here's my image for you to compare:
"Before the Storm" (watercolor) by Helen K. Beacham - Sold.
Come with me (Helen K. Beacham) and Kelly Medford to paint Venice this October...

Click HERE for details!

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pomegranates (or are those persimmons?); really lovely and her style is great. Also love your Before the Storm piece. The colors are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pomegranates indeed! I'm like Brenda...I think pomegranates are special fruits. A little gnarly, a little rough around the edges, a little chiseled....very paintable.

      Delete