Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spending Time with "Creatives"!


I've been painting with (& teaching) watercolor for so long (30 years) that I don't very often take a watercolor workshop myself anymore.  But I've admired Carol Carter's work for years, and thought it would be fun to spend 3 days with other artists who admired her as well!  Her workshop was organized by the Trenholm Artists Guild in Columbia, SC.

Here's Carol's website, in case you're not familiar with it:  http://www.carol-carter.com/

"Self-Portrait" by Carol Carter
I got to meet lots of new artists, one of whom invited me to stay at her house for the duration of the workshop (thanks, Sonia!).  Her garden was heavenly, and I came home with tons of great photos of hydrangeas (one of my all-time favorite flowers).  You just wanted to cup these flowers in your hands and fondle them!


Now that I'm back in town, I'm looking forward to teaching my next 1-day watercolor workshop, starting tomorrow morning!  Happy Father's Day to everyone today, and I'll see you back here real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment