Sunday, October 7, 2018

Tippette #38: How to avoid Pencil Marks in your Paintings

Tippette = Snippet of a Tip (in watercolor).

I've never minded my pencil marks from showing in my paintings.  Matter of fact, it's kind of a "thing" with me to have them show.  My marks reflect me as the artist, and they're a permanent record of what happened with that painting. (Did you know everyone's marks are unique to them?)

HOWEVER, if that's not YOUR thing, consider drawing (lightly) with a neutral watercolor pencil and your pencil marks will dissolve when you touch them with water and/or watercolor pigment!




In 2019, I'm teaching at a castle in France (where we'll LIVE!)

And YOU can come with me!


Early Bird fees (thru this Nov 1) apply!
Non-painting spouses are also invited! 

And following the Castle workshop, I'm thinking of adding a
Sightseeing trip to Cinque Terre, Italy.
Let me know if you'd like info as it develops.

READ MY LATEST POST HERE



BeachamFineArt@gmail.com
843-408-5240

No comments:

Post a Comment