Saturday, September 16, 2017

Dancing Lamp Posts

Funny how you can walk by a certain something for a few years in a row, and one day when you're not even near there, you feel COMPELLED to research what it's all about...right?


On Murano, Italy (an island 10 minutes from Venice)
I like to think of these 2 as dancing...check out their cute faces!
(Photo by Helen K Beacham)

Turns out, all I had to do was google "twisted lamp posts Murano Italy" and I discovered that these whimsical street lamps were created by Dutch artist, Pieke Bergmans.  I was totally impressed when I found out about all of the collections, museums, and so forth that she's in! http://www.piekebergmans.com/sales/

Apparently she's got more naughty street lamps like these in many other cities! I may have to be her stalker and visit those cities now!  You can see more of Ms. Bergmans' work here:  http://www.piekebergmans.com/category/work/ 


EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR SOME OF MY 2018 TRAVEL & ART RETREATS.
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE.

READ MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment