Friday, March 17, 2017

Tippette #33: Reversed out signature

I'm trying to get in the habit of thinking about which side I want to sign my name on, BEFORE I start to paint.  If it's going to be in a light spot, no problem...I can use pencil.  If it's going to be in a midtone area, sometimes I need to use a Sharpie ultrafine point.  But what do you do if it's in a really dark area?


On my last painting, when I thought I was done, I signed in pencil.  Then (naturally!) I wanted to add more color to the area, so I quickly signed with masking fluid (using my handy dandy thinnest twig as my signing utensil). When it was dry, I painted a couple more layers of watercolor over the area. The resulting signature was better than if I had left just the pencil.  Not perfect...next time I'm going to be a bit more careful with the application of the masking fluid.  

"Tucked Behind III", varnished watercolor on 300# Arches
by Helen K Beacham Fine Art
Image size: (11"h x 9.5"w) Framed size: (14"h x 12.5"w)
AVAILABLE.
Carrie Waller will do a workshop for us in the Charleston area (July 28-29). Details HERE...come to Charleston!
My Montreal workshop (Aug 9-16) is open for registration (details HERE).

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment