Tuesday, February 28, 2017

HouseParty

GOOGLE HANGOUTS might still be the best way to visually communicate with a group of people online. 

Many of you know I'm part of A GROUP OF 5 ARTISTS who meet online monthly.  We talk about various art topics that we deem important to us.

Last month, I heard about a new app called HOUSEPARTY.  I saw that it was available to both Android and iOS devices.  (As an aside, I'm the only Android user in the bunch!)

So, we decided to hold last month's meeting via HouseParty.  Fail! 

First of all, you have to use it on a Smartphone...no laptop or tablet. We couldn't always hear each other, and if I remember correctly, we'd periodically take turns "freezing" on screen. Repeatedly.

So, we're back to Google Hangouts. Do you have a better solution we should be thinking about?

In hindsight, I remember having thought "hmmm...how could a name like HouseParty be anything other than a disaster?"  😊

"Venetian Glass II" by Helen K Beacham Fine Art
Watercolor with Pen & Ink
Image size:  9" x 9"
Available HERE.
My Montreal workshop (Aug 9-16) is open for registration (details HERE).

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment