Saturday, December 10, 2016

A problem I have.

"How many paintings do you have going on, at any one time?"

I get asked that a lot, and sometimes I'm embarrassed to say the truth. (Why embarrassed?  Because I guess I want to be perceived as an artist that gets in there, and gets it done!)

"Feeling Perky".   Watercolor on 140# Arches cold pressed.
Image size:  6"h x 12"w.  Available HERE.
by Helen K Beacham Fine Art
But here's the truth.

Right now, for instance, I have 5 paintings begging to be completed. Maybe I set one aside because I had to paint something else for a deadline (or for a commission). Maybe I got "stuck" on one and figured, rather than mess it up, I'd set it aside for a bit. Whatever...!

The pros and the cons??

- Pros:  I'm past the white paper stage on those 5!
- Cons: My mind's already on the next drawing....will I ever finish those 5?

What a problem to have!  I can't possible be the only one with this dilemma. (?)


My Venice workshop is 4 months away.  Want to come?
Check out my separate excursion packages for both Painters and Non-Painters HERE.
And my Montreal workshop is now open for registration (details HERE).

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment