Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Darkening the Ocean

Like you (I suspect) I continually struggle with "available" technologies (I can't even call them "new" technologies just because I've never partaken....right?).  I really wanted to create a GIF of the step-by-step photos for you so it's easier to see the transitions.  I did manage to download a GIF program and then I couldn't figure out where it got saved on my laptop.  So goes my life!

Here, instead, are the next 2 steps of my painting.  In the second one, I've gone over the existing colors at the very bottom with a wash of Winsor & Newton Payne's Gray and W&N Indigo (not over the whole thing, just where I wanted it darker).  I'm hoping you can see the difference (?).  

  


For now I'm happy with the result.  I always reserve the right to go back in there at a later time.  Next step:  darken that next section right above the bottom wave to make the wave pop out. The white of that wave is NOT done.  I needed some darks around it, in order to judge what to do next.  (Maybe I'll figure out how to create that GIF as well!  Any suggestions as to a good program to use?)


It's time to think about Venice in 2017.  Come paint with me! 
Check out my classes HERE.   
Want to be on my mailing list?  Please leave me a Comment...I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment