Tuesday, March 24, 2015

What's an Artist to do?

I love my Arches Watercolor Blocks, but I really hate it when the glue around the edges gives way.

Glue gave way on my w/c block.  This means it will probably do it even more on subsequent paintings.
 So, the only thing I know to do is wrap the corners with painter's tape and hope for the best.  On larger blocks, I've added a bulldog clip (with cardboard in between to protect the paper), but that's never ideal.  #Arches, if you're listening, can you pretty please do something about this?  (Does anyone else have solutions they use?)



The tape has to be removed if you haven't painted those corners yet, and remember not to put tape on paper that is still damp at all.

Come paint with me! 
In 2015, we're going to Venice, Niagara Falls, Montreal and so on!!!  
Find details HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment