Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Stretch of the Imagination

Today, in my inbox, was an announcement for an art workshop that I'd never have paid attention to....and yet I did because it was put in front of me at the right moment.  

Image courtesy of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinotopia
You see, I'm always trying to bring my 4 grandkids (ages 1.5 to 5.5 yrs old) into the world of art in one way or another...whatever's age specific and will hold their attention for a while.  The Dinotopia series (over 20 books) might just be the thing to hold their interest for a long time to come!  (I imagine that many of you with older children or grandchildren are probably saying "Where has she been all this time?  We've been reading them forever!").

But, back to the workshop.  It was announced by the Susan Black Foundation which I've been following for a while.  Part of their workshop "tease" is a video about the inspiration and creation of the Dinotopia series by artist and author, James Gurney.  Here's the link to it...I think you'll fall in love too!

http://www.skbworkshop.com/videos/Dinotopia.html

Will I take the workshop?  No.  But I'm glad there are organizations like the Susan Black Foundation to expose us to opportunities like this one.  Let me know if any of you, my readers, are fantasy illustrators, or have you ever wanted to be?!!  Share your websites with me and I'll be glad to post them!

Now...I'll be showing this video to the grands and I can't wait to get my hands on some of those books! See you on the other side!



Come paint Venice, Montreal, Maine, Charleston, and Magnolia Plantation with me!  Find details HERE.

SEE MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment