Sunday, September 29, 2013

Same old, Same old?

Are you like me?  Do you find yourself reaching for your go-to colors all the time?

This was made evident to me again as I opened another email from a favorite artist of mine to see what she's painted most recently.  As soon as I opened it, I recognized not only the style but also the colors that this artist inevitably reaches for.  Is that necessarily a bad thing?  I don't mean to insinuate that it is.

What do you think?


I typically rely on my yellow and warm tones for almost all of my paintings.  Years ago, I was diagnosed as an "Autumn"  (does anyone else remember those days of having your skin tones analyzed??).  And that's how I tend to decorate my home (with warm tones) and it's also how I dress.  How about you?

 
This is a painting of a Croton which usually is neon-y with oranges and reds and yellows.
I forced myself to go with the bluer tones to shake things up a bit.
Did it work?
       To see more of my paintings, please visit:  www.helenKbeacham.com

See my latest post HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment