Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quick Sketch Portrait Artist

I recently met this terrific portrait artist at the Charleston Farmer's Market.  Her name is Ciana (pronounced See-AHN-a) Pullen.  She spends 45-60 minutes drawing your portrait (from life) and charges $39 per person (but you should get that verified directly by the artist!).  She can also do commissions using your own photos.  I was so impressed with her that I had to include her in an upcoming blog!  (I can paint portraits, but for some artists, it's their "natural thing" and that's how it is for Ciana.)

Ciana Pullen, sketching at the Farmer's Market in Charleston, SC


In 2008, Ciana founded the Charleston Figure Drawing Group as a resource for local artists and became involved in the Charleston arts community through interning with Eye Level Art, doing portraiture at the Charleston Farmer's Market and Market Street, participating in Tivoli Studios and Gardens, and blogging about local and contemporary art at cianapullen.blogspot.com. Today she accepts private commissions and sketches portraits around Charleston and for events. You can reach her by email at cianabelle@gmail.com or call her at 843.801.2213.  

Come with me (Helen K. Beacham) and Kelly Medford to paint Venice this October...

Click HERE for details!

See my latest post HERE.






2 comments:

  1. Her work is beautiful, Helen. Thanks for bringing a new artist to life for me. And I accidentally clicked on your Venice workshop link. I know that I wish I could go too. Must have been my subconscious at work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like Ciana's work, Sherry! She's so humble about her talents! That's partly why I chose to feature her...I love to help other capable artists on their art journey.

      Delete