Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Painting Started

I'm starting a new watercolor painting and am going to attempt to record my painting steps (I say "attempt" because oftentimes I get carried away and forget to take a picture of some steps...when you're in the moment, the left side of the brain gets ruled out!).

I'm not ready to share with you the subject matter, so this might sound "clinical" for the next while.  I'm funny like that...maybe a bit hesitant to jinx my new attempts.  But I'm trying to get better at this "recording" stuff, so here goes.

- I've completed my drawing...no small feat.  This piece will measure 22x30.  Sometimes when it's larger, it causes my back to hurt when I have to lean over the larger board.  I do paint larger, but this is not one of those times.
- I've applied my masking fluid to keep certain areas nice and white for now.
- Once the masking fluid is totally dry (in the next few minutes), I'm going to lay in my first wash.  This is done very loosely, with lots of color, which I always hope will glow through the subsequent layers of paint.

That's it for now...stay tuned!  I'm super excited to get down that first wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment