Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pino

I just, this evening, realized that we lost a great painter in 2010 and I wasn't even aware...how is that possible?  Pino Daeni was born in Bari, Italy in 1939.  He moved to New York in 1978 where he eventually created beautiful, romantic book covers for Danielle Steele and others, and he made Fabio a household name!

I actually met Pino about 4 years ago.  I was painting plein air down at White Point Gardens (in Charleston, SC) with some friends, when Pino strolled through and smiled over at us.  He seemed very much the gentleman, and true to his art persona, he loved the women!  He shared a story or two, and offered portrait tips with a smile on his lips!  Then he wandered away.  He left a big impression, that's for sure.  And what a legacy he left for the world to enjoy!

(available through Paragon Fine Art)

Available through Pierside Gallery

Available through Pierside Gallery

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize he had died either. He certainly had a mastery of the figure and a romantic soul.
    I found you on women artists of the southeast and thought your latest watercolor quite remarkable.
    Glad you're blogging now!

    ReplyDelete