Thursday, December 28, 2017

Tippette #36 - Mask, Unmask. Mask, Unmask again.

Tippette = Snippet of a Tip (in watercolor). Tell a friend!


CloseUp Detail of a new ocean scene.
Substrate:  Fredrix Watercolor Canvas.
Pigments:  W&N, Holbein, and Daniel Smith watercolors.
Masking Fluid:  Winsor & Newton

I'm finishing up a new ocean scene where I used masking fluid as placeholders for color I want to add later.

At some point in every masked painting, to keep from getting myself totally confused, I just have to rub all the masking fluid off so I can see what I've got to work with at that point.  Somehow it gives me fresh perspective.

Then I may very well  have to add masking fluid BACK IN where I still want to keep the substrate white (at least for now).

Side Note:  I've always preferred Winsor & Newton masking fluid, but lately it seems to be getting gunky and non-usable very quickly (in the bottle).  Anybody else experiencing that??




REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR:
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE.
READ MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment