Tuesday, February 9, 2016

It's a Party!

Here's the completed painting for the teasers I showed you the other day. There's nothing like floating down the Grand Canal in the evening when Venice wears her finest ballgowns! 

"It's a Party!" by Helen K Beacham Fine Art
12"h x 9"w, Watercolor with Pen & Ink
on 140# Arches.
You may purchase it HERE.

Here's a list of most of the pigments I used:  M. Graham Maroon Perylene, Holbein Mineral Violet, and the rest were Winsor & Newton (Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber and a little Cerulean Blue).  

This was a fun one!  When I was happy with the painting, I sketched over it with a Sharpie Ultrafine marker.  I trust its lightfastness. Drawings that I created with my Sharpie 30 years ago are still totally intact today (no fading). I also like that it won't bleed if it gets wet, although sometimes I use a different ink if I DO want it to bleed.

With all the warm tones in this painting, it really needed that pop of blue in the bottom right.  But, if you look closely, I've used some blue throughout the painting so that it's not totally isolated to the bottom.


It's time to think about Venice in 2017.  Come paint with me! 
Check out my classes HERE.   
Want to be on my mailing list?  Please leave me a Comment...I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment