Saturday, July 25, 2015

Big Fat Tears

I'm such a sucker for Venice.  Today I discovered that, in 2014, a main square in Holland was totally transformed into a Venetian piazza for "an almost three hour treat including gondolas, world class soloists and a long list of Italian classics and Rieu favorites."  Andre Rieu is a Dutch violinist and conductor of the Johann Strauss Orchestra, and he lives in Maastricht, the Dutch town he had transformed for that evening!

BTW, If you need me today, you can find me in my studio painting to his 3 hr YouTube video!  Venice, here I come!
p.s.  You can fast-forward through the first 2 minutes and then, while you're at it, go to the 1 hour mark and listen to this young girl he introduces, as she sings "O Mio Babbino Caro"!  

Source:  maxresdefault.jpg
Amira Willighagen
(I cried big fat tears in Venice in 2015 when Diane, one of my students, and I went to an evening of arias at the Scuola Grande di San Teodoro.  When "O Mio Babbino Caro" was sung by one of the sopranos, I lost it.  That evening is burned into my heart forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXH1NyIh_c8

Credit:  http://press.andrerieu.com/andre-rieu-love-in-venice-takes-fans-on-a-romantic-journey-new-album-will-be-released-on-november-3/

Come paint with me! 
In 2016, we're going to Venice again.
Sept 2015 classes have been added to my website!
Check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment