Tuesday, December 16, 2014

When 2 Minds think alike!

Do you and your spouse always fall in love with the same painting?

Buying art (like marriage in general, it seems) is often about compromise.

But every now and then, the magic really happens!

"Before the Storm"
by Helen K. Beacham Fine Art

I had just hung this painting in its special spot in the gallery...right before an Art Walk night.  The crowd started arriving at 5pm, right on time. 

Unbeknownst to me, a couple walked in and had an agenda.  He walked one way, she walked the other, and they met back at the front desk to discuss their favorites.  I saw them both point to the same painting, and then I saw them ask the Gallery Director about being introduced to the artist.  

p.s.  because that painting sold so quickly, I've never gotten over it.  Does that happen to you as an artist too? 


Come paint with me! 
In 2015, we're going to Venice, Niagara Falls, Montreal and so on!!!  
Find details HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment