Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update on class painting

Initial wash (steps 1 & 2 below) and then the result of the first wash (or sometimes called a "glaze").  I usually always start this way and progress to darker glazes and more detail.  You can't focus just on one section of the painting...you've got to move around and cover the whole page before you know what to do next. 

This is actually a painting I've painted before (about 3-4 yrs ago?) and I'm forcing myself not to look at pictures of the first one.  Normally, if I re-do a scene, I'll want to make it look entirely differently than the first one, but because this is for a class, I want to give the students the experience of learning solid techniques that they can incorporate into their own memory banks...subsequent steps will be reflected in future blog updates.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your help and encouragement! More photos to come.

    ReplyDelete