Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tippette #37 - Watercolor Sticks

Tippette = Snippet of a Tip (in watercolor). Tell a friend!

This morning I tried a new "tool".  It's Winsor & Newton's Professional Watercolour....pigment in stick form.



In the top picture, on the left, I drew with the watercolor stick into a wet puddle.  On the right, I drew onto dry paper, then wet part of it.  In that section, the color almost disappeared.

I could see using these sticks to draw en plein air, then painting over and into it (they're totally compatible with your regular watercolors).  The drawing lines would kind of disappear, if that's your goal.

This particular color is Burnt Sienna.

p.s. I did this exercise in my new Strathmore #483-5 travel sketchbook which I plan on taking to Key West with me tomorrow!  Note: It does pay to shop around because the link I just gave you to Amazon shows the sketchbook to be about $10 whereas I found it elsewhere on line for $19.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR RETREATS AND WORKSHOPS:
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER(which is separate from this Blog)
     
PURCHASE ARTWORK       

READ MY LATEST POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment