Friday, September 22, 2017

New Paper / New Painting



"Spritz, Anyone?" by Helen K Beacham Fine Art
Watercolor on 140# Fluid paper.  12"h x 6"w
Winsor & Newton and Daniel Smith watercolors.
A scene from the Paris flea market.
AVAILABLE 




Earlier this summer, I treated myself to some new watercolor blocks by Fluid.  I'd been hearing some hoopla about this product, so thought I'd give it a go.  What did I think?  Here's how it compared to my tried & true Arches 140# or 300# blocks.


- the price is pretty good!

- I like the unusual sizes 
- I didn't like that it's "glued" only on the 2 longest edges.  The other 2 sides tend to lift up a bit.
- I was surprised how easy it was to lift color.  I mean REALLY easy.

It took just a tad getting used to it, but I'm happy I gave it a try.  Overall, even though the Arches is more expensive, I think I still like it better.  For now.  Would love to hear input from any of you that have used Fluid before.  Thumbs up?  Thumbs down?? Why or Why?




EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR SOME OF MY 2018 TRAVEL & ART RETREATS.
FIND THEM ALL ON MY WEBSITE HERE.

READ MY LATEST POST HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment